Fashion and Design
Available Term 1 & 2
Fashions have changed so much throughout history and in this topic we are going to take a look at some of those changes. Even contemporary fashions range dramatically across different cultures. As well as the history of fashion pupils will learn about the materials used in fashion and how they are made.
This course will help our pupils develop the following skills and abilities:
- Greater scientific knowledge and understanding.
- Enhanced literacy, including the use of a wider vocabulary.
- Increased confidence, resilience and self-esteem.
- A greater appreciation of history and cultures.
- Positive behaviour.
- Improvements in emotional well-being.
As well as actually learning about fashion, this course will endeavour to improve our pupils’ awareness of the scientific considerations of fabric production, perhaps leading to a career in the fashion industry in the future.